BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 2, 2010

Mount Kinabalu Passed!




The first and the craziest sports I’ve done was climbing mountain Kinabalu known as highest mountain in Malaysia. Our flight took place at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA)

When we arrived at Kundasang ,I was astonished because I saw mountain Kinabalu right in front of my eyes. It was groovy because of the tallness and scared. Who wouldn’t scared when looking at the mountain and I’m guaranteed that everybody was.

After eating, a program called “ice breaking” was held. The program was about recognizing every person in the room. Many of us have known each other and took this program lightly but eventually they must remember all the names included the facilitators. The main objective is to cultivate us of team work between each other.

That night, we followed a program called “politics in Malaysia” They want to motivate us to increase our exertion in developing Malaysia to challenging other country in economies. It so astonished me and encourages me to become a person that vital in Malaysia.


Kem Bina Negara Kundasang, Sabah

The next day, we had an exercise in preparing us for the climbing till the late morning. It had me enough and I could barely stand up. That afternoon we committed our self in a program known as “loving Malaysia”. The objective is to plant in our heart to love our country more than anything else. At night, we had an intensive to prepare our self for the climbing tomorrow. We went for a jog and had a speech motivation for us. It reaches well right inside our heart and gives confidence.

Next morning, we went to the foothill and started our journey. I was amazed with the beautifulness of the flora. There were many plants that I’ve not seen before. It was a tough and tired climbing and we reach to the half of the mountain called “Laban Rata” that was a checkpoint for us to rest.

At the midnight, we continued our climbing to the top. It was dark and I could barely saw and team work was important to prevent any injured ness. When we reach to the top, we could barely breathe and I saw the greatness of Allah when I saw the view at the top of mountain Kinabalu. The agent told us not to make so much sound. We don’t know why but we must respect others belief.

After a few hours, we went down. On our way back, we saw a woman carrying stuff for the chalet at Laban Rata with carrying a child with her. We all astounded the strength of the woman hauling that much weight and also touched of how a mom sacrifice her life for her family’s living. That react me to climb down fast so that I could call my mom.

We managed arrived at the foothill and had a rest at the Sabah Park. The bus arrived and took us to the airport and fly back to peninsular. We reach KLIA and UTM bus took us back home. It was an astonished adventure and I had learned many things about team work and loving Malaysia. I hoped that one day I could come once again and conquer the top of mountain Kinabalu again.

0 comments: